• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mickeyren

bowtie was found

This topic is 3654 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Was wondering if anyone has successfully used the D3DX functions to get rid of this error? Even the Aug 2008 progressive mesh sdk sample has this error. This error comes out after a call to D3DXComputeNormals( ... ) when your DX debug message are enabled. If someone could post their code how they call D3DXCleanMesh and D3DXWeldVertices that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
hmm, is there something problematic about cleaning a mesh?

DWORD dwAdjacencySize = 3 * pMesh->GetNumFaces();
DWORD *pAdjacency = new DWORD[ dwAdjacencySize ];

if( SUCCEEDED( pMesh->GenerateAdjacency( 0.0f, pAdjacency ) ) )
{
ID3DXMesh *pOutMesh;
ID3DXBuffer *pErrors;

if( FAILED( D3DXCleanMesh( D3DXCLEAN_BOWTIES, pMesh, pAdjacency, pOutMesh, NULL, pErrors ) ) )
{
/* Handle Errors */
}
}

SAFE_DELETE_ARRAY( pAdjacency );

I did have some cases a few years back where the above wouldn't work but it was a pretty messed up mesh. Changing it to non-indexed was a trivial way of achieving a working, if inefficient, solution.

hth
Jack

Hi Jolly

Thanks for trying to help. Unfortunately it didn't work. ( I also added a out adjacency DWORD since the call requires one)

Would you look at this screen shot - its among the house mesh I try to load up in my scene.

Perhaps the bow ties originated from the very close polygons like the antennas.

In any case, can i just ignore this? Although it can get annoying since i have my debug out high and most 95% of the message comes from the bow tie complains.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!