Sign in to follow this  

Printing out all files in a solution

This topic is 3299 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all!! I was curious if anyone here knows of an application or something that can purge all the ASPX and CS files out of a solution directory and print them all out at once? I have a rather lengthy project that I would hate to have to go into each file individually to print it out. I guess I could just import it into Office or something, just curious if there is a program anyone knows about that does this? Thanks, Shawn *Edit* - This is a VS 2005 solution using ASP.NET and C#. I would like to keep all formatting in the code (like it appears in VS) and also have line numbers printed with the source code if at all possible. Thanks for any help/suggestions.

Why would you want to print such a bulk of code? If you need to show it to someone, isn't it much better to just mail it?

Anyway, I think it's best to just print all those files from within Visual Studio. Otherwise, your best bet is likely to write a script that selects the desired files, formats them (adding line numbers, keyword coloring, etc.) and then prints them (which can be done, for example, by calling notepad with the /P argument, if I'm not mistaken).

This topic is 3299 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.