• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Multiple source files for one header in VC++?

This topic is 3371 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Not sure if this is in the right place, but I'm writing a sprite class for SDL atm and it's turning out to have LOADS of code. It just all looks wrong inside one source file. So, I was wondering, can i split it between multiple source files, and if so, how? Will it just do all the function definitions anyway no matter what my source file is called as long as I include the header?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Element of Power
Not sure if this is in the right place, but I'm writing a sprite class for SDL atm and it's turning out to have LOADS of code. It just all looks wrong inside one source file. So, I was wondering, can i split it between multiple source files, and if so, how? Will it just do all the function definitions anyway no matter what my source file is called as long as I include the header?

Basically yes, having a "Something.h/cpp" pair is pure convention, it doesnt need to be that way.

Quote:
Original post by Element of Power

'LOADS' of code implies 'LOADS' of functionality.

What does a sprite do, conceptually? Now, go through the list of member functions, and justify whether they actually belong as part of a Sprite.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement