Sign in to follow this  

DirectX hardware acceleration on HTC Fuze (aka Touch Pro)?

This topic is 3298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a HTC Fuze (AT&T's name for it; HTC Touch Pro to the rest of the world) which has a Qualcomm MSM7201A processor with built-in graphics acceleration. However, when I deploy my Direct3D Mobile app, it uses the software rasterizer. Has anyone gotten hardware rendering to work? Is there something I need to do when creating the device to enable hardware acceleration?

The only device I know of with actual 3D hardware was the Dell Axim X50v/X51v.

A few seconds on Google gives me this result for your phone:

Quote:
dailytech news article
The reason there is no driver for the Imageon video hardware on phones equipped with the MSM7xxx chipsets is that HTC opted to include the chipsets from Qualcomm minus that feature. The confusion for HTC device owners comes from the fact that Qualcomm lists the MSM7500 and MSM7200 chipsets as including the ATI Imageon video acceleration hardware.

The official HTC web site says nothing about 3D hardware in the specifications. I looked at their manual and it also says nothing about 3D hardware in the specifications. The chipset has support for an optional 3D chip, but the device apparently does not include that option.

It looks like some people tried a class action lawsuit but gave up when HTC clearly pointed out that it was never part of their specs.

Well, that article doesn't mention the Touch Diamond or Touch Pro, which both use the same Qualcomm 7201A processor. The official Qualcomm chipset specs list "Up to 4 million triangles per second, and 133 million depth-tested, textured 3D pixels per second fill rate". The UI app is accelerated, and there are OpenGL ES demos running with acceleration on this phone, I just cant seem to find any info on getting DirectX running on it. Perhaps there are OpenGL drivers, and not Direct3D drivers.

This topic is 3298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.