Sign in to follow this  

Game Engines Debate

This topic is 3301 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Irrlicht DX Studio The Spring Project OGRE 3D Crystal Space Truespace 7.6 Reality Factory Microsoft XNA Game Studio 2.0/3.0 Panda3D Of the above game engines, which ones will work 'well' on this piece of junk: 248 MB RAM Integrated Graphics 82845G Intel Celeron 2.5 GHz (just like a Pentium 4 1.5 GHz) Windows XP Home Edition

The short answer is: It depends on what your doing with it.
The long answer is: It depends on what your doing with it.

If you are pushing a million polys out to the video card with HUGE textures, you will run into issues when using all those engines. Even if you make your own uber fast engine, it will chug like a broken down golf cart on this machine. The engines are just tools and they all do pretty much the same thing. Pick an engine that you understand and can use without much problems but just be careful what you do with them; your computer cannot take a lot.

My inexperienced reply would be check what API does your GPU support and go with that.

If this is a Desktop, looking at your CPU I think those came only in desktops.. you could always upgrade your card. Check your motherboard to see whats the best GPU you can get for it, RAM's gonna be a bit on an issue but like our friend said 'It depends on what your gonna do with it'.

things like, Hows your knowledge on programming? what langauges do you know? come to mind.

If you currently lack in those, then I would suggest Panda3D because you can use it with Python and its free to use(non-comercial) I belive. And XNA because it uses C#, its free and M$(Microsoft) is the company who develops it(it will never die lol).

Good luck on your journey.

This topic is 3301 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.