• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ryguyrocks

University/college

This topic is 3606 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey Im grade 11 at a highschool, currently enrolled in a programming course- learning Java now, and a media arts course. I want to get into the programming stream to eventually become a developper. I have two possible schools to attend- University of Toronto for Computer science- or Vancouver Art institute which is a college. What route would any of you reccomend?

Advertisement
I dont really know which has a better CS course, if even VAI has a CS course I implied as it didnt, correct me if im wrong.

Call the schools, check there sites,brochures/papers,the classes you would be taking(curriculum is it called? my main language is spanish), etc.

Then you could ask here for more info on which is better by the classes you would be taking,etc.

For the game programming course if you can get it on the side and can afford it while you do your baschelor in CS id say its not bad or woudnt hurt, but focus on the CS degree, thats what gonna get you somewhere.

I'd recommend going for Computer Science of UofT. I don't know much about VAI, but I doubt it's better than UofT for CS.

Ok, thanks for the responses. As I mentioned I am learning Java now in highschool, so which language would you recommend I learn on the side? Im thinking of trying out those XNA tutorials in Visual C#.

What do you all recommend?

If you're thinking of coming to the west coast, SFU apparently has a pretty good CS program. Or you could go to UBC, which is where I'm going. Our CS department seems quite good here. :P

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!