Sign in to follow this  

Rendering to texture problem

This topic is 3298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, I am trying to make a water surface from the perspective of looking out from in the sea so I am simply rendering above the water line to a texture and then projecting the texture onto the surface and applying a water bump over it for refraction which all works and looks great apart from one thing. When I render to the texture it draws the faces back to front, faces that should be behind are infront?? If I don't render to a texture and just to screen it looks fine. my code...
Quote:
LPDIRECT3DSURFACE9 pOldRT = NULL; D3DXPLANE plane; m_pd3dDevice->GetRenderTarget( 0, &pOldRT ); // clip anything under the water line... D3DXPlaneFromPointNormal( &plane, &D3DXVECTOR3(0,-0.2f,0), &D3DXVECTOR3(0,1,0) ); m_pd3dDevice->SetClipPlane( 0, *D3DXPlaneTransform(&plane, &plane, pInvWorldViewProjMatrix) ); m_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_CLIPPLANEENABLE, D3DCLIPPLANE0 ); LPDIRECT3DSURFACE9 pRefracSurf; // Render the environment to the texture map if( SUCCEEDED( m_pRefractionMap->GetSurfaceLevel( 0, &pRefracSurf ) ) ) { m_pd3dDevice->SetRenderTarget( 0, pRefracSurf ); SAFE_RELEASE( pRefracSurf ); m_pEffect->SetTechnique("MeshRefract"); m_pEffect->SetMatrix( "xWorld", envir->GetWorldMatrix()); // Clear the backbuffer to a blue color m_pd3dDevice->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET | D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,255), 1.0f, 0 ); // Begin the scene m_pd3dDevice->BeginScene(); DrawStatic(envir); // End the scene m_pd3dDevice->EndScene(); } // remove the clipping plane and reset the render target m_pd3dDevice->SetRenderState( D3DRS_CLIPPLANEENABLE, 0x00 ); m_pd3dDevice->SetRenderTarget( 0, pOldRT ); SAFE_RELEASE( pOldRT ); // Clear the backbuffer to a blue color m_pd3dDevice->Clear( 0, NULL, D3DCLEAR_TARGET|D3DCLEAR_ZBUFFER, D3DCOLOR_XRGB(0,0,255), 1.0f, 0 ); // Begin the scene m_pd3dDevice->BeginScene(); //render my two objects in my scene for (DWORD i=0; i< 2; i++) { CMesh* model = m_aObjects.GetAt(i); m_pEffect->SetMatrix( "xWorld", model->GetWorldMatrix()); SimpleDraw( model ); } // render the water surface m_pEffect->SetTechnique("Water"); m_pEffect->SetTexture( "xRefractionMap", m_pRefractionMap ); m_pEffect->SetMatrix( "xWorld", water->GetWorldMatrix()); DrawStatic(water); // End the scene m_pd3dDevice->EndScene();
Thanks, Andy

This topic is 3298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.