Sign in to follow this  

Strange linker error

This topic is 3297 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been trying to make adding entities to my engine easier, but I've hit a bit of a snag with my Pre-processors. This is the pre-processor i've made to register new entites
#define REGISTER_ENT(Class,Type)
Class C##Type##Foo	{																				public:
C##Type##Foo( void )
{
CeLL::EntityMap::getSingleton().add(#Type, new CeLL::GenericFactory<Class>(#Type));
}
};
static C##Type##Foo mC##Type##Foo; 
and this is the code for the entity map:
	void EntityMap::add(const char* name, BaseFactory* factory)
	{
		Ogre::LogManager::getSingleton().logMessage("Registering entity type: "+std::string(name));
		mFacts.push_back(factory);
	}
and of course, the error:
Quote:
1>Ent_TestCube.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> > const & __thiscall CeLL::BaseFactory::type(void)" (?type@BaseFactory@CeLL@@UAEABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@XZ) 1>..\Debug\WildCatSim.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

You have a function that doesn't have an implementation. The declaration looks like:
virtual std::string CeLL::BaseFactory::type()
Which seems to be unrelated to the preprocessor stuff?

Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
You have a function that doesn't have an implementation. The declaration looks like:
virtual std::string CeLL::BaseFactory::type()
Which seems to be unrelated to the preprocessor stuff?

thanks man! It's "Working" now (Got a crash from the singleton, should be an easy fix)

This topic is 3297 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.