Sign in to follow this  

Context menu decreases performance

This topic is 3295 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi. I'm building an editor for my 2d game in C# and wish to switch to DirectX (using SlimDX) for rendering from GDI/BufferedGraphics. Performance is great, but when I cause a context menu to appear, or any other Windows element (such as clicking the Start button) performance massively slows down until the menu/element disappears. I've noticed a similiar problem with other DirectX games in windowed mode. Is there a solution other than stopping rendering when a context menu appears, and restarting when the menu disappears? Many thanks.

XP64, but the same thing happens on XP32. Or at least I am assuming it does, as the same issue occurs with the same Direct3D games on that platform.

Perhaps your app is running at lower priority due to being forced into the background because of the menus? Direct3D apps don't usually run very well as background apps, especially if they are embedded in WinForms controls.

This topic is 3295 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.