Standard Alpha Blending in DirectX 10 (DX9 logic may still apply.)

Started by
1 comment, last by CodaKiller 15 years, 4 months ago
Well I'm not sure how to set this up so it does basic blending it which the two objects are blended based on there alpha and not there colors. This is the closest I've come from trying random things: ID3D10BlendState* BlendState = NULL; D3D10_BLEND_DESC BlendStateDesc; ZeroMemory(&BlendStateDesc, sizeof(D3D10_BLEND_DESC)); BlendStateDesc.AlphaToCoverageEnable = false; BlendStateDesc.BlendEnable[0] = true; BlendStateDesc.SrcBlend = D3D10_BLEND_SRC_ALPHA; BlendStateDesc.DestBlend = D3D10_BLEND_ONE; BlendStateDesc.BlendOp = D3D10_BLEND_OP_ADD; BlendStateDesc.SrcBlendAlpha = D3D10_BLEND_ZERO; BlendStateDesc.DestBlendAlpha = D3D10_BLEND_ZERO; BlendStateDesc.BlendOpAlpha = D3D10_BLEND_OP_ADD; BlendStateDesc.RenderTargetWriteMask[0] = D3D10_COLOR_WRITE_ENABLE_ALL; g_d3dDevice->CreateBlendState(&BlendStateDesc, &BlendState); g_d3dDevice->OMSetBlendState(BlendState, D3DXCOLOR( 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f ), 0xFFFFFFFF); But it is adding the color to the destination and I want it to blend it by just the alpha and not the color.
Remember Codeka is my alternate account, just remember that!
Advertisement
You want inverse source alpha for the dest blend.
Quote:Original post by Adam_42
You want inverse source alpha for the dest blend.

Thanks!
Remember Codeka is my alternate account, just remember that!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement