Sign in to follow this  

math

This topic is 3298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm new here, my first post. After finally securing myself a programming job (C#.NET) I decided to go back to gfx & games (I started learning it before but had to abandon it to learn .net, c# etc to earn a living). I'm into maths so i picked up Essential Mathematics for Games and Interactive Applications - excellent book. I would like to create a math lib as a learning exercise in C not C++. The main reason being that my C++ skills need fine tunning. I've seen most of the math libs out there are in C++ heavily utilizing templates etc. I'm comfortable with C & ASM and intend to add support for MMX/SSE etc. To my questions: 1. Is this a good idea 2. Should I use C++ Appreciate any advice I can get.

I don't see why you couldn't use C++ to make it.

Asking us if you 'should' use C++ is something you need to choose.

One of the best ways to become a better programmer is to keep exploring the language and always trying new things.

Here is the cmath information:

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/clibrary/cmath/

Good luck!

This topic is 3298 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.