Gaming site in need of games!!!

Started by
8 comments, last by Servant of the Lord 15 years, 4 months ago
I am launching a gaming community, and I am looking for games to put on my site. The name of the site is JincGames.com. I have already published the basics of the site, but I have very few games. If anyone has some games that they would like to be featured on the site contact me, and I will put them on there for you. My email is ajackson@jinctec.com. Thanks
Advertisement
I am also interested in getting feedback about my site. If you have any suggestions or comments, please feel free to share them with me either here or on my site forum.
I have to say your site looks very professional. Very clean and polished. I like how you added a news section as well. You might want to add some additional content, like an editors journal or a self-help/tutorial section. Besides that though, you obviously need to feature more games :P. I'd gladly give one, but I have yet to fully finish any yet. Anyways, good look in your search.
JincGames.com is now up to 16 games, and there will be more added soon. Thanks for the feedback leif_dragon. I would love to feature your game on the site when you have it finished.
give me an email at waleeke@aol.com and I'll send you a few game links.
You could put some of my open source ones. Just go to my site and look under "Open Source". Bluejay's Quest is one of them.

Codeloader - Free games, stories, and articles!
If you stare at a computer for 5 minutes you might be a nerdneck!
https://www.codeloader.dev

Are there any requirements for the games? Adobe Flash, Silverlight, Java, Executables??
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
I really dont have any requirements for games at this point. I can make just about anything work. I prefer to have the swf file, which makes it easier for me. I will also be adding a premium page to my site soon, where i can sell games as well.

I am looking for developers to participate in a developers blog section that I will be adding to the site very soon.

Thanks to the people that have registered so far. I will be having a drawing in a few months for a new PS3. Registered members are automatically entered in the drawing.
Wow nice site!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Exercise, eat right and be the best you can be!Translation: Play video games for finger streangth and eat lots of hot pockets to be at top programming efficiency.
(From the perspective of someone who is not a web designer or web-game developer)

"Contact Info" page is empty. This may be intentional, but you should at least put up a "This page is not yet created" message or something.

The banner at the top of the site says "Jinc Gaming.com", while the URL is actually "JincGames.com".

The "JincForum" page/tab removes the "Navigate" panel on the left. (But not if you use the Navigate panel to move there)

On the page that shows the list of games, under the 'Content' text (Which I'd make plural with "Contents" instead, although not required), every image under the word "Content" is missing. You should provide a default image if none is available, otherwise it gives the impression something is broken. (Screenshot)

Also on the same page, your background has a small flaw here. (Opposite side as well)

On your forum, it says there is one post under "Suggestions", but I can't figure out how to view it.

On IE7 your links on the "Jinc Arcade" page get highlighted in a mild orange color while the page is loading. (Screenshot)
When coming from the "Arcade Games" button on the "Navigate" panel, it's worse. (Screenshot)

I cannot play the game I wanted to play, because when the game finishes showing it's advertisement, it reroutes me to a competing site called 'ezone'. (link to game)

On the "Navigate" panel, the last button clicked is slightly darker (by intention, no doubt). When I click on the "Arcade Games" button, the button brings me to the game page and the button is darker, but when I go to the games page myself using the "Arcade & Classic Games" tab at the top of the screen, the button isn't highlighted. (Definitely not a serious issue)

In the forums, under the "Games" subforum title, it says: "The place to discuss or games." It should be, "The place to discuss games."
I'd suggest adding a line of text for "Suggestions" as well. Something simple like, "Help us improve the site." or something mildly amusing like "Yes! We actually read these!"

Under the "Rules" part of the forums, it doesn't having any rules. Instead, it has your PS3 offer. "Help" is the same way.

When I'm logged out, and I click on my profile, it says "Registered Users Only". (Link)
I'd recommend saying, "Only registered users can view user profiles."

When logged in, under the "Login" panel, it says: "Hi, Jacob". You might want to say a little bit more than that, but I can't think of what. (I do like your casual attitude though)

I'm not sure if you are able to fix this or not, but why does the 'e' in 'JincGames Forum' look like it's not bolded while the rest is? (Screenshot)

Finally, your pacman folder appears very pixelated.

Overall, I like the site. It has a nice feel to it and seems like someplace where I wouldn't mind killing an hour. It feels child-safe, but it doesn't feel like it's a site oriented specifically to children (which is good). I particularly like how little information you require from me when registering. You definitely need some good games, though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement