loading animations in xna

Started by
2 comments, last by Daaark 15 years, 4 months ago
Hi! I'm a newbie in xna and c#. I'm developing a 3d plumber game. I've created several animations in 3ds max then i'm trying to load it in xna. For example if the user pressed the "w" key then the walk animation will be loaded. We already exported .max file to .x file and add it on the content pipeline of xna. but still, no animations can be found. Is there anyone who could be our technical adviser? Please send me a private message or post your reply to this topic. Thanks!
Advertisement
Unfortunately XNA doesn't come equipped with Animations ready to go. You'll need to either examine the Skinned Mesh sample or look for the XNA Animation components on codeplex. Google will also yield some more results.

The FBX importer in XNA imports animation data but the default processer for models does not use this data. It's a pain I know.
I'll try to migrate to litec. which do you think is a better game engine?xna or litec?
Quote:Original post by rhonihon
I'll try to migrate to litec. which do you think is a better game engine?xna or litec?
Don't quit languages every time you have a hurdle, you'll never get anywhere. XNA is not a game engine. It's a framework that handles graphic calls, inpout calls, sound calls, and other needed things.

There are several add-on XNA libraries that solve this problem. Check out XNAnimation by Bruno Evangelista.

Here is a nice article about using it.

[Edited by - Daaark on December 5, 2008 10:52:10 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement