• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Promit

Power line conditioners/voltage stabilizers

This topic is 3633 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I should probably be asking on AVS, but since I don't have an account there yet I figured I'd try the lazy route first. I live in an apartment building, and the amount of AV equipment is gradually increasing to the point that I'm thinking I ought to look into taking better care of it. I use basic surge protectors right now, which of course are totally useless except for actual surges (which aren't exactly common). I'm wondering about inexpensive (<$100) power line conditioners, voltage regulators, etc. Probably ones that aren't UPSes, as I don't think outright power loss is that big a deal. I have two questions. First, is it worth getting this stuff to protect game consoles and a mid range LCD HDTV? Since I live in an apartment, I'm kind of suspicious that the power system isn't that reliable, but I have not observed any problems. I don't know what the actual line voltage looks like, I haven't checked. Second, if it is worth getting something, any suggestions for what to pick up?

Advertisement
clucky. Not a useful buying guide for those of us living in 120VACland, but good for orienting the various technologies.

EDIT: whoops, wrong link.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!