Sign in to follow this  

Help Getting Hardware Information Please

This topic is 3294 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey ive been reading the site for a couple of days which is great so i thought i would make my 1st post lol. anyway i have a problem im learning c++ in uni and i wanted to gather my computer graphic card info using Directx however i have no idea on how to do this,i have got most of my program to work which involved registrys but im struggling loads on this part so any help is welcome and will be much apperciated.Also any sample code will be excellent or a push in the right direction will be just as good thanks

Superstar,

You can find information about selecting a device, enumerating adapter modes, and determining hardware support Here.

In specific, you're looking for IDirect3D9::GetDeviceCaps().

The GetDeviceCaps method takes as a parameter a D3DCAPS9* pointer, which it fills in for you. That structure contains something like 50 different properties and limitations of the device you're working with.

Cheers and Good Luck!

hey thanks for the quick reply m8 i apperciate it loads i let you know how i get on cheers lol i tried but i think i failed quite bad.does anyone know of any sample programs which do this so i can get my head around it?? thanks

[Edited by - Superstar803 on December 5, 2008 6:24:40 PM]

This topic is 3294 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.