Working with vista and 64

Started by
0 comments, last by SiCrane 15 years, 4 months ago
I've been developing some basic game-ish things on winxp 32bit. Everything works great on the developing box, both in and out of editor, but as soon as i try it on my "gaming box" (which has vista 64bit), it won't work. It pops a little message saying "this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way..." I'm using Visual studio 2k8 express, and I made sure to do the "use multithreaded" settings, and all the required libraries (opengl, glut, openal, ogg) are set in the system32 as they should be, i even tried "run as admin" and compatibility mode, same result. I checked, the window is set up fine (i put in debug lines, but it's annoying to do debugging on a different machine than the dev box) So i have no other choice than to assume there's caveats about vista i'm not aware about, something with permissions or 64bit that's crashing the program. Do i have no other choice than do fill my code with debug lines in the hopes of finding the problem, or are there common "gotchas" that might not apply in XP?
Advertisement
Did you install the MSVC 2008 redistributable on the gaming machine?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement