Sign in to follow this  

The art of assembly language

This topic is 3291 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 2 versions of this book right? I found the free e-book online, its credited to Hyde,but has no mention of him, or a date when it was written. When i checked the table of contents on amazon from the version pubished by No Starch Press, it's completely different, as teh published version uses HLA. I'm wondering if teh free e-book is was written by hyde, and if so, what year it was released? thanks a alot.

The Art of Assembly Language from what I know only has one release, which was 2003 by their publisher. There are a lot of Assembly Language books though, but I'm guessing the free one you got is the same book, just ported onto the internet. I cannot say for sure if he wrote it, I doubt he made another version for an e-book. Usually they just take the printed one and copy into an e-book format.

It could also be a completely different book, using the information from The Art of Assembly Language, but with a different look and format.

If it's this book:

http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/AoA/DOS/pdf/0_AoAPDF.html

It believe it's the same book, just their format.

I just noticed something I missed.

If you go here:

http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/AoA/Windows/PDFs/Foreword.pdf

Click Copyright, it says it's copyrighted for 2001 by him. So apparently he must of released an online version for the book. So I guess there are two copies.

I did some more looking around and it appears this was the version he had before it went to a publisher because he didn't think anyone would take the book due to the length of it.

I hope this answers your question.

I guess we both learned something new today. :O

This topic is 3291 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.