The art of assembly language

Started by
3 comments, last by hughiecoles 15 years, 4 months ago
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there are 2 versions of this book right? I found the free e-book online, its credited to Hyde,but has no mention of him, or a date when it was written. When i checked the table of contents on amazon from the version pubished by No Starch Press, it's completely different, as teh published version uses HLA. I'm wondering if teh free e-book is was written by hyde, and if so, what year it was released? thanks a alot.
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried
Advertisement
The Art of Assembly Language from what I know only has one release, which was 2003 by their publisher. There are a lot of Assembly Language books though, but I'm guessing the free one you got is the same book, just ported onto the internet. I cannot say for sure if he wrote it, I doubt he made another version for an e-book. Usually they just take the printed one and copy into an e-book format.

It could also be a completely different book, using the information from The Art of Assembly Language, but with a different look and format.

If it's this book:

http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/AoA/DOS/pdf/0_AoAPDF.html

It believe it's the same book, just their format.
yes, thats the book i'm talking about, everywhere i see it, it's accredited to randall Hyde, but from what you're saying it's not?
--------------------------------------Not All Martyrs See Divinity, But At Least You Tried
I just noticed something I missed.

If you go here:

http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/AoA/Windows/PDFs/Foreword.pdf

Click Copyright, it says it's copyrighted for 2001 by him. So apparently he must of released an online version for the book. So I guess there are two copies.

I did some more looking around and it appears this was the version he had before it went to a publisher because he didn't think anyone would take the book due to the length of it.

I hope this answers your question.

I guess we both learned something new today. :O
yes we did :), thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement