Sign in to follow this  

Free Softbody Physics?

This topic is 3292 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is there a physics engine, library or anything that has simple softbody physics? Especially for C++/C#.net? What I am trying to do isn't that complex, simple dynamic deformation of 2d OR 3d objects. What about breakable objects? Yeah I know I can just make a model that is more than one rigid body put together, and set it to "break" when something happens... What I am looking for is a library or engine that can have single objects deform, "squish", twist etc.

I believe (if memory serves...) that Bullet supports soft bodies, and breakable bodies (e.g., breakable constraints).

Same with PhysX, and Havok.

All of these have free license options (read EULA's carefully). Only Bullet is open source.

All of these are rather complex, e.g., may be overkill. But they do provide the features you asked about and are solid, mature libraries.

This topic is 3292 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.