Sign in to follow this  

what to do... what to do. while I wait for you.

This topic is 3297 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I have been making small simple games in python now for a while and ordered a book on pygame. Well It is taking a long time to ship so now I am trying to think of a game to make as I wait. I am really short on Ideas so any recomendations are welcome. Yes I posted a topic similar to this about 2 weeks ago. So far I have made Rock paper scissors. Tic Tac Toe. dungeon adventures. (please NO MORE OF THESE!!!) Poker. Blackjack. Dos style RPG battles with multiple enemys, menus, special attacks, rewards... yada yada yada......) Tried to make a command line pong with ASCII... Didn't work out so well. Anything is appreciated. Actually more than appreciated I'll love you for it... Yes I am that bored.

One of the first games I made back in the day was a Space Invaders clone done ASCII style with Qbasic. Pretty simple game that you could pound out pretty quickly.

only one question. Does anyone know of a module in python that alows what I think is called keybinding? Im not sure but you know if (the key is pressed down) probably given as a number and set == to something. do this. is there such thing in python?

I can't say I have heard of a specific library for it but couldn't you just use a dictionary? something like keymap[keypressed] = action should set it up then just keymap[keypressed]() to call the right function.

or if you mean how do you tell that the left arrow key has been pressed then pygame will do that.

[Edited by - stonemetal on December 7, 2008 6:20:24 PM]

I am sorry to say that I did not understand a good portion of what you just posted. Dictionaries and their uses have a tendency to frustrate me. Would someone Mind clarifying a bit? I don't quite understand keymap[keypressed] part.

This topic is 3297 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.