Game Development Comic

Started by
70 comments, last by ValMan 15 years, 2 months ago
Hello all, I wanted to start a comic about game development for several years now, and I finally got to the stage of roughing out characters. There will probably be like half a year before I get the first few episodes out, but some is better than none, and I don't see a lot of game dev comics out there. I decided to call it Burning Metal, because from my experience, game development feels like burning alive and liking it. It's also the words from my favorite song by KoRn called Hypocrites. Logo: Character #1: Pussy the Insult Comic Cat (team role is graphic designer) Character #2: Murderhorse the Emo Horse (team role is programmer) Character #3: Token, the Token Robot (just a robot) Character #4: Daft Goose, the Insane Goose (team role is project management)
Advertisement
"Makes ra look jolly"

LMAO
--------------------Enigmatic Coding
Looks interesting.

I'm just wondering how the programmer horse can type on a keyboard with hooves.

Is it going to be like Dilbert, some sort of dysfunctional cast of animal characters interacting with each other, or something else?
I don't know exactly what it's going to be yet. I have no experience making comics, so I was hoping to just get a starting point and become better from there. What I would like to accomplish with this is a bit above my humour ceiling, so I may need some help thinking about the stories. If any of you here get bored, feel free to suggest some stories that can fit into max 8 panels or so.
As a designer myself, I have to ask - Where's the megalomaniac designer?
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
@zer0wolf: I have met people who often argue with their bosses that their artwork is good and the other person's mind is just too small to comprehend it. I myself have another problem as a graphic designer - I am too obsessed with quality, often to a very extreme point where it actually hinders my work (and sometimes with no grounded reason). The cat character is going to be a bit of both. She also enjoys telling others exactly what she thinks of them, likes everything done her way, and is very dominating.

@slayemin: How the horse will type with its hooves is a good point. I think I will address it visually, but actually making a strip.
Quote:Original post by slayemin
I'm just wondering how the programmer horse can type on a keyboard with hooves.
Similar has been addressed.
How about a musician?
Quote:Original post by ValMan
@zer0wolf: I have met people who often argue with their bosses that their artwork is good and the other person's mind is just too small to comprehend it. I myself have another problem as a graphic designer - I am too obsessed with quality, often to a very extreme point where it actually hinders my work (and sometimes with no grounded reason). The cat character is going to be a bit of both. She also enjoys telling others exactly what she thinks of them, likes everything done her way, and is very dominating.

Whoops, I should have specified megalomaniac game designer. [wink]
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
I like it already.. Keep us posted :)

Stefan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement