Sign in to follow this  

GLUT Edge Definition and Object Selection

This topic is 3295 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, the first question: I'm working on a project where I draw a prism using GLUT. It's just a starter. The problem is the each side is the same color(by design) and it's hard to see where one side ends and another begins. Any ideas on how to make these edges more distinctive. I've tried to use lighting but it doesn't seem to work or help. Okay, the second question: I've read several ways of object selection. Allot are very complicated and I think i may want to try an easy way. If I understand it correctly, one draws everything in a buffer and then checks the point where the person clicks on the window. The buffer is never put on the screen. You can read more about this at http://glprogramming.com/red/chapter14.html#name6 under the "Object Selection Using the Back Buffer" headline. Does anyone have any very very simple examples of this. [Edited by - TruckMack33 on December 8, 2008 4:10:44 PM]

This topic is 3295 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.