desktop drawing

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 24 years, 3 months ago
I don't have the technical info, but I can tell you what to look for in your search. What you are wanting to do are Overlays. DDraw supports this, and MS included overlays as one of the DD examples. So my suggestion is to take a look at the source, there might be a tutorial or two on the subject, and take a look at the DX Documentation. Also, Inside DirectX (kinda old, covers DX5) has a section on Overlays, so if you know anyone with a copy, you might want to check it out.

Kevin

Admin for GameDev.net.

Advertisement
Is there a way to draw directly into the main desktop window? Specifically, is there a way to do it using DDraw? Basically I just wanted to have a little guy running around the desktop. Any way to get this going easily? If not DDraw is there a set of GDI calls I need to make?
Since you are dutch.....i suppose. You might want to go to Amsterdam, Kalverstraat. there you will find an american bookshop. They have the book Inside DirectX on sale there for 50 guilders instead of the 106 guilders you have to pay at other bookshops.

Just a note....in case you want to buy the book.

------------------
Dance with me......

http://members.xoom.com/CJdeVos/index.htm

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement