The purpose of this forum is a bit vague.

Started by
1 comment, last by c_wraith 22 years, 10 months ago
It''s VERY hard to think of a topic related to "general programming" that doesn''t also relate to "game programming." Where do questions about data structures go? How about algorithms? Most any data structure or algorithm, no matter how apparently abstract on the surface, can be used in game programming. So, to whoever decided to seperate these forums, can you explain what you had in mind? c_wraith
Advertisement
Okay, the key here is things not directly related to game development. In my mind, that includes things like.

• Algorithms
  • data structures
  • Web programming
  • database programming
  • etc.

The point is, I''ve seen numerous programming questions posted on the forums that obviously had nothing to do with games, because the poster said it was for something other than a game. This is where those questions should go now.
It seems fairly clear to me. Let''s say I am working on an algorithm using trees. If I really just want to discuss trees, I would probably post it here. However, if I prefaced my post with its function in a game, I suppose I could post it over there.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement