Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is not a OpenGL game, but try it anyways please =)

This topic is 6022 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just want to have some feedback at my game I've made, It's not a OpenGL 3d game, but rather a 2d Game. I will maybe make it 3d if I get good feedback. However, the game is not finished yet, I need to add some more gfx and monsters. So please take a couple of minutes to try it out, it's only 100K's big. Download it HERE! you can give me feedback here or @ my mail kenneth@unitedbytes.de Kenneth Wilhelmsen -------------------------- He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder Edited by - kenwi on June 20, 2001 1:48:08 PM

Its cool. I don''t seem to get any sound (if there is any).

How do you go about making a 2D game like that? In OpenGL couldn''t you just draw the stuff in Ortho mode using textured quads?

I''m a newbie to game programming in general, so I don''t know how to make a game, using OpenGL or otherwise. I want to try and make a 2D game similar to that, as those classic type games are sweet. But I don''t know much about graphics programming.

How long did that game take to make? It seems fairly simple, but I still have no idea how it could be done. Are there any good tutorials out there related to that type of game?

PS--There is one thing I don''t like. If you press the fire button repeatedly the previous missiles disappear. I don''t know if thats a bug or if you wanted that to happen, it just seems a bit shady to me.

--SK

Hey, thanks for the feedback of the game =)
I am really thankfull to you for posting your opinions. And to answer some of your questions Sketchy, I am making this game to increase my skills both in C/C++ and designing games. I find it very amusing to sit down programming, drinking coffee and listening to music. And what I find best is the feeling I get when I get things working.

I dont see any reason why you shouldnt be able to make a game like this, I am myself quite new into programming. I dont have very much experience in programming, It''s all just matter or months =) So if you''re interested in making a game like this, your imagination is your only cap! =) I am not really sure how much time I have used at making this game, but I estimate about 70 hours or so and I dont think that is very much.

If I''m going to give you some tips about this I think you should buy this book written by Andrè Lamothe "Windows Game Programming for Dummies".

If you want more information, you can mail me and I will answer whatever you desire =)

Kenneth Wilhelmsen
--------------------------
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has
been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This
disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless
brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder