Sign in to follow this  
Dunge

DX10: No output after new drivers

My DX10 application was working fine yesterday. Today, I update my nvidia drivers to 180.84 (beta non-WHQL, but recommended for GTA4 and it indeed does help a lot). Now, if I try to run the same executable who was working great before, I get a empty black screen. The rest of the application seems to respond and I have no error message, but it don't render anything. I know beta drivers are not recommended and are probably the cause, but since all others DX10 games still works fine, I wonder what's different in my simple DX10 application causing the problem. How should I proceed to find out what is causing it? Remove things one by one in the renderer until something finally appear in the screen?

Removing things is indeed one way that is likely to work.

You can also:

- Try the reference device (D3D10_DRIVER_TYPE_REFERENCE for device driver type).

- Create the device with debug information if you haven't already (D3D10_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG) and check that output.

- Use PIX.

Hi ET3D!

I tried D3D10_DRIVER_TYPE_REFERENCE, but as soon as I change it my D3D10CreateDeviceAndSwapChain call fail with E_INVALIDARG. I double checked every parameters and everything seems fine, so it's strange. The call succeed with D3D10_DRIVER_TYPE_HARDWARE.

I tried D3D10_CREATE_DEVICE_DEBUG flag, no change, no output message.

I tried PIX, and guess what? I actually see my scene in there as it should.

I tried release mode, no help.

Still trying to find a solution.

EDIT: after some digging, I found out MS Dx10 sample works, but nvidia samples have a black screen too. I guess the drivers really have a problem. Will revert, or stop programming and continue playing until new ones are out.

[Edited by - Dunge on December 14, 2008 12:49:17 PM]