Sign in to follow this  
Fire Lancer

Starting with XAudio2, but need some help

Fire Lancer    189
Ive got some basic sound stuff working, however ive run into some problems about how certain things work, and how to even start on other things... :( Loading Sound Files Is there some guide around on how to load diffrent sound files? Right now I'm just using the CWaveFile class from the SDK, which doesnt make a massive amount of sense to me :(. I really want to get some more compressed formats working. How does the MusicSurround.wav work? I see nothing anywhere in the code that tells XAudio2 that it is surround. Is it just working this all out for its self from the XAUDIO2_BUFFER::pAudioData, for that matter how does XAudio2 know if it was given PCM, xWMA or ADPCM in that buffer???? Streaming sounds The samples only show how to stream a .xwb file, but I would far rather implement streaming for more standard audio file types, like wav or ogg... How do I go about this with XAudio2? Can I use the CWaveFile class for streaming waves, if so how? 3D sound in 2D games For computers with just two speakers this is simple, however how do I go about working out the values for computers with more speakers? I guess I could use X3DAudio however looking at the sample for 2 speakers at least that seems to go straight from all left to all right if only working with 1D (ie left/right). [Edited by - Fire Lancer on December 14, 2008 8:43:52 AM]