Sign in to follow this  
zoser

Problem with shaders and ati video cards

my shaders work perfect on nvidia gpu, i tested in a 8800gt, 8500 and 8600gt but the shaders don't work on ati video cards... i tested on glsl and cg but the fragment program never compile i tested 3 ati video cards with the same results i don't know the models but they run crysis and the lastest games. the cg program throw this: ZoserProgramTest: 10: CG ERROR : The compile returned an error. (0) : warning C6502: Profile option 'NumInstructionSlots' value (-1) too small; clamped to 0 (0) : warning C6502: Profile option 'NumTexInstructionSlots' value (-1) too small; clamped to 0 (0) : warning C6502: Profile option 'NumMathInstructionSlots' value (-1) too small; clamped to 0 (0) : warning C6503: Profile option 'MaxDrawBuffers' value (8) too large; clamped to 4 (0) : warning C6502: Profile option 'NumInstructionSlots' value (-1) too small; clamped to 0 (0) : warning C6502: Profile option 'NumTexInstructionSlots' value (-1) too small; clamped to 0 (0) : warning C6502: Profile option 'NumMathInstructionSlots' value (-1) too small; clamped to 0 (0) : warning C6503: Profile option 'MaxDrawBuffers' value (8) too large; clamped to 4 (0) : error C6002: Instruction limit of 0 exceeded; 5 instructions needed to compile program i don't know what to do... any idea? thanks pd: sorry for my english..

nVidia and ATi like making their tutes not working on the competition's products :).
But Cg can be compiled to ARB asm (limited SM2.0 shader features) once you stop using nVidia-specific stuff.

Here is some code, that contains the params to Cg and cgc.exe for ARB compilation:

static const char* cgExe = "C:\\nVidiaCG\\bin\\cgc.exe";
static const char* cgProfiles[3]={null,null,null};
static const char* cgOpts = "-nowarn=7011,7503,7506,7529";
static const char* cgPathFormat= "%s -quiet -oglsl -profile %s %s %s -DIS_FRAGMENT=%d -DIS_VERTEX=%d -DIS_GEOMETRY=%d %s";

static ILXFILER CurCompilerFiler={uffetch,ufdump,ufGetDate,ufSetDate};

void ILX_SetCompilerProfile(ILXCOMPILER_PROFILE profileID){
switch(profileID){
case ILXCOMPILERPROFILE_ARB:
cgProfiles[0]="arbfp1 -profileopts MaxDrawBuffers=4,NumTemps=32,MaxTexIndirections=4,MaxLocalParams=224";
cgProfiles[1]="arbvp1";
cgProfiles[2]=0;
break;
case ILXCOMPILERPROFILE_NV30:
cgProfiles[0]="fp30";
cgProfiles[1]="vp30";
cgProfiles[2]=0;
break;
case ILXCOMPILERPROFILE_NV40:
cgProfiles[0]="fp40";
cgProfiles[1]="vp40";
cgProfiles[2]=0;
break;
case ILXCOMPILERPROFILE_GP4:
cgProfiles[0]="gp4fp";
cgProfiles[1]="gp4vp";
cgProfiles[2]="gp4gp";
break;
}
}

//note: ShaderArgOpts="";
usprintf(CommandLine,cgPathFormat,cgExe,cgProfiles[ShaderType],ShaderArgOpts,cgOpts,ShaderType==0,ShaderType==1,ShaderType==2,FileName);
char* asmcode = ExecuteCommandLine(CommandLine);

Quote:
Original post by idinev
nVidia and ATi like making their tutes not working on the competition's products :).

If that`s the case, then just code your shaders with GLSL.