Sign in to follow this  
Dual Op Amp

Tic Tac Toe, VERY NEW.

Dual Op Amp    122
As I said, I'm very new to game developement. I followed the advice of gamedev.net and bought a resource "Beginning C++ Game Programming." I started working on my own little program, while in the midst of reading this book. It's a very simple, console output, Tic Tac Toe game. It uses an array to display a 3 x 3 grid, and also uses some simple. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm quite proud of my first AI, so I wanted to E-mail my friends and family my little game. So, I emailed the .exe to them. Here's my problem, on their computers, Windows keeps blocking the .exe saying that it's potentially harmful. I can't get my game to run. I'm using the Bloodshed Dev-C++ IDE that came with the book. The game compiles and runs propperly. Then, I take the compiled .exe and E-mailed it to my family, but that's where the computer won't accept it. If anyone knows what I need to do, please help.

Palidine    1315
Define "blocks the program". Do you mean:

1) It's not showing up in their email
2) It's showing up but they can't save to desktop
3) Once it's on their desktop they can't run it.

-me

Dual Op Amp    122
3) Once it's on their desktop, they can't run it. I saved an .exe (compiled from the the Bloodshed Dev-C++ IDE, with the MingW compiler) onto their computer, and a window pops up saying that Window's will not allow this program to run, because it might be potentfully harmful.

Palidine    1315
Quote:
Original post by Dual Op Amp
3) Once it's on their desktop, they can't run it. I saved an .exe (compiled from the the Bloodshed Dev-C++ IDE, with the MingW compiler) onto their computer, and a window pops up saying that Window's will not allow this program to run, because it might be potentfully harmful.

But that dialog should give them the option to run anyway:

Is that what they see or is it something different?

If it's their work machines the problem may be that their IT department has set up their user accounts to be unable to run certain sets of un-verified executables.

-me

Dual Op Amp    122
No, it's not that error. That's a fairly common error.

Thank you for all your guy's help, but I figured it out. The error was caused by sending an EXE through the E-mail. It turns out, that I had to right click the folder, and then click UNLOCK. Something I've never had to do, because I've never had to download an EXE from E-mail yet.