Sign in to follow this  
guitarguy

Model works in directx but not xna

guitarguy    122
Im trying to import a model into an xna project. the model works fine in my directx app, it looks like it does in 3ds max. However, when i import it into my xna app, parts of the model (the different meshes) are positioned wrongly, as displayed in my screen dump: http://www.geocities.com/shreddingwoogy/xnarb.jpg I dont know whether its something that i can change in 3ds max or xna game studio to fix the problem. I am not a designer and i am very clueless about 3ds max and how exporting models works. I didnt even make the model, it was given to me by a designer to import into our game. Here is what i have tried so far: panda directx exporter with and without left handed axis and local coordinate space options ticked, sub frame animation inclusion and other various options ticked unticked, none seem to work kWxporter with/without the make-y-up optioned ticked, export right handed mesh ticked, and export animation i have even tried the latest autodesk fbx exporter with Y as the up axis. This also messes it up just slightly differently cheers guys this problem is really getting me frustrated heh

Erik Rufelt    5901
Just guessing here.. but is the whole model only one object in the model editor?
It kinda looks like if the different parts of the model might be made as separate objects in the editor, each with their own translations, and then in your program drawn each in their local coordinate space.