DirectX SDK Help

Started by
15 comments, last by GameGuy 24 years, 4 months ago
Please Someone help me, I don't know how to install the directX 5 sdk to Visual C++ 6.0 and can't game program with directX without this info.

Thanks A Bunch

Advertisement

Geez!! Someone help me already! Its a dumb simple problem for you game programmers! Help a newbie out...

Thanks a bunch

You seem to be pretty impatient little man. As I always say... If you can't install the SDK then get out of the gaming business! (or something like that).

I will help you anyways. Click on setup.exe. Then read the documentation.

[This message has been edited by Gromit (edited December 19, 1999).]

William Reiach - Human Extrodinaire

Marlene and Me

Oh, I also forgot. Add the SDK lib and include paths in to your VC++ include and lib directories. But make sure that you move them to the top of the list.

Then read the documentation.

Marlene and Me

The docs don't help much, I need to get it to work with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0
How far have you gotten so far?

Marlene and Me

Thanks A Bunch (forget the thing message I said before this)
How do you set the lib path? I lost my manual to Visual C++.
Tools->Options->Directories

Ya I know what you mean, I lost my manuals also. It seems like everyone keeps losing them.

Marlene and Me

In VC++ 6, go to Tools->Options, Directories Tab. You can set the various directories here, and change which type of directory (include, execution, library, source) with the pull down box titled "Show Directories for:". Just set the directories as needed. Ex: for the DX libs, c:\dxdirectory\lib or something like that.

Kevin

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement