Sign in to follow this  
francoisdiy

Check out my Micro Site

This is new face that I have given my website. Basically, the site occupies a small space and is small enough to fit in a newsletter. The site is basically a blog based site to showcase to my Super Mario World game engine project. All graphics were designed by me except for a few. This is not a site meant to be a large site but a site that one would visit every now and then to find out more about the game engine and possibly download it for use and take part in the development. In addition I make my own rants on technology and my project and people can comment on it. I just wanted to share this new site. The site: http://www.francoispress.com

And what is it technically? Did you use PHP, javascript, Perl, Python, CSS, XHTML, MySQL, or something else, maybe pure HTML?

And where can one download or buy the sources or lease an installation?

Just curious about the relevantness.

Quote:
Original post by phresnel
And what is it technically? Did you use PHP, javascript, Perl, Python, CSS, XHTML, MySQL, or something else, maybe pure HTML?

And where can one download or buy the sources or lease an installation?

Just curious about the relevantness.

For the site I used PHP for the frontend and Perl for the backend. The project will be developed in C++.

The open source project is free. I am currently working on it and have not had time to release any sources. The site is closed source.

Releventness? It's a blog type of site geared towards a project that I am developing. It is sort of like a personal site but once I make progress on the project people may get involved using my game engine or developing it.

Your title text and copyright are all images... bad for accessibility.

Personally I'd make the "Francois's Blog" and copyright (especially the copyright!) text, and use sIFR for the main title - or even better, just use plain text since the dropshadow is actually a bit hard to read. The copyright definitely does not need the dropshadow.

In the sidebar text you use the word "softcasing", which should be "showcasing".

I'm guessing you've defined your font sizes in pixels - this is bad because I can't resize the text using the appropriate options provided by my browser - you should instead define them so that they can be resized (i.e. using em units) and then ensure the layout doesn't break if people choose to do this.

Other than that, the layout and colours aren't bad, good luck with it.

Sign in to follow this