Language- Delphi & C++

Started by
8 comments, last by rodneyldixon 22 years, 9 months ago
Now, I know that its not upon the language to build the stuff, but it is upon the programmer to make it happen, so I would like to know if Borland Delphi 5.0 is able to create virtual machines? I already know that you can make emulators and 2D & 3D games with both Delphi C++ Builder, and Visual C++. And I also know that is possible to create virtual machines in C++ Builder, and Visual C++. Both C++ seems a little tough even though I understand the basics pretty good, I can design my user interface as easy as I can in C++. But in Delphi it is too easy to design user interfaces, because Delphi as easyness of VB but the strength of C++. And this is why I ask this question. Thanks
Advertisement
Ah, Rodney, Rodney. Still bleating on about virtual machines? How long as it been now? Six months? You've obviously managed by some incredible effort not to learn a thing in the entire time you've been posting here. In the six months where you have pissed off the entire english speaking population of GameDev by asking THE SAME repetitive questions over and over and ignoring the answers, you could have completed your first couple of games and actually learnt something. But, no....

So....I'll say it again. You can program whatever you like in whatever language you desire. For goodness sake, pick a language and *learn* it. Programming TAKES WORK AND FRICKIN' EFFORT. Either make the choice to put in the effort or please, for all our sakes, just go away. I'll tell you now, though, that you will NOT be able to make a 'virtual machine' or whatever other buzzwords you've heard about in Programming for Dummies for AT LEAST a year. And thats if you're programming stuff every day, which you certainly haven't been doing because you've posted nothing specific on GameDev relating to any programming problems you've encountered and have jumped languages at least once.

Okay? Was that clear enough for you?

Jeez...

P.S. However, saying all that, if you have any SPECIFIC programming questions you want answered, I'm sure someone more charitable than me would be willing to help.

RM.

-=Kicking Butt and Writing Code=-

Edited by - RageMatrix on June 22, 2001 11:10:47 AM
Damn, RageMatrix. Harsh enough? Haha.
"The time has come", the Walrus said, "To speak of many things."
quote:Original post by sympathy
Damn, RageMatrix. Harsh enough? Haha.

*shudder*....you don't understand. Its like being stalked by one of those toys that when you pull the string on their backs they say the same thing over and over.

RM.

Edited by - RageMatrix on June 22, 2001 11:14:17 AM
All I want to freaking know is: Is Delphi powerful enough to create a virtual machine (like Shockmachine)?

I already know that C++ Builder & Visual C++ is powerful enough to accomplish this wonderful work of art. That''s all I want to know nothing more nothing less. And I want to know this because I''ve switching between learning two different languages, and I don''t think I''m cut out to learn both languages even though Delphi is extremely easy (not easier than VB though), but easy anyway. And C++ is all that bad, but all I doing is writing text to screen so that''s why it isn''t so bad. So P..L..E..A..S..E.. answer the stupid question so we all can go on with our lives.
YES! YESYESYESYESYESYESYES. It was yes 85 posts and six months ago. Its still yes. It''ll probably be yes tomorrow and I might even hazard a guess that it''ll be yes a month from now. Next year it''ll be yes. When I''m old and gray it''ll be yes. YES!

Please stop now. I''ll pay you. Take anything you want.

RM.

-=Kicking Butt and Writing Code=-
That''s all I wanted to know. Now what I''m asking is where can I get a tutorial for making a tetris game in Delphi?

The only reason I''m doing this is to see how game development is in Delphi.

Thanks for the pay.
So you planning on learning a language like C++ or Delphi? hmmm well first thing you siad that kinda bothers me is "Delphi is the easyness of VB with the power of C++" that is incorrect Delphi is the easyness of VB with the power of Object Pascal... a litte differnt than C++, hehe. but besides taht i would suggest the language you choose to learn is english. sorry bud, im not trying to be mean but i had a hell of a time understanding you.
forgot to sign my letter above.

-Joe (ICQ:14159548)
Delphi (or Object Pascal) can do all that C++ can do... May take a little more work, but it can.

But why would you want to bother creating a virtual machine before you even learn the basics.

C++ builder is just as easy for visuals, and the syntax becomes second nature after a little while.

And finally, when writing Tetris I have never seen the need for ME writing a virtual machine.

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - The future of RPGs Thanks to all the goblins in the GDCorner niche

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement