• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Help with jumbled textures

This topic is 3351 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've just moved to a new development machine. I've noticed something strange about some (but not all) of the textures in my game: they're jumbled in 8x8 blocks... but not all the time, and the jumbling can change every time I run the executable. This is only on the new machine - I've never experienced anything like this before. For the record, this is DX8, and the new machine is an iMac with the Radeon HD 2600 XT chipset. What could I be doing wrong? Here's an example texture that I use in the game: Not jumbled example. Here's one example of the jumbling: Jumbled example 1 Here's another example of the jumbling, which I saw on a different runthrough. Jumbled example 1 Thanks for your help! [Edited by - FarFromHomeFish on December 17, 2008 11:35:51 AM]

Advertisement
Sorry about that - I moved the images to a different website, and they will now show up for everybody.

I'd really like to move over to this new machine, and this bug is standing in my way. :(

If you're seeing different results with every run, I'd suspect an uninitialized variable. Do you still see this problem if you run in debug mode?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement