Help with jumbled textures

Started by
4 comments, last by Silicon Munky 15 years, 4 months ago
I've just moved to a new development machine. I've noticed something strange about some (but not all) of the textures in my game: they're jumbled in 8x8 blocks... but not all the time, and the jumbling can change every time I run the executable. This is only on the new machine - I've never experienced anything like this before. For the record, this is DX8, and the new machine is an iMac with the Radeon HD 2600 XT chipset. What could I be doing wrong? Here's an example texture that I use in the game: Not jumbled example. Here's one example of the jumbling: Jumbled example 1 Here's another example of the jumbling, which I saw on a different runthrough. Jumbled example 1 Thanks for your help! [Edited by - FarFromHomeFish on December 17, 2008 11:35:51 AM]
Advertisement
Your images aren't appearing for me, but it sounds like some of your textures are tiled and others are linear.
Sorry about that - I moved the images to a different website, and they will now show up for everybody.

I'd really like to move over to this new machine, and this bug is standing in my way. :(
If you're seeing different results with every run, I'd suspect an uninitialized variable. Do you still see this problem if you run in debug mode?
DirectX 8 and ATI mac drivers? Maybe not a good mix.
Quote:Original post by Matt Aufderheide
DirectX 8 and ATI mac drivers? Maybe not a good mix.

That's a good point. It might be worth trying the omega drivers.

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement