Sign in to follow this  
hspirdal

Weird model behavior

Hi, I've recently been learning 3D programming and wanted to make a third-person camera (NWN2 style) with some test models as well as trying out animations with the XNAnimation library. It's all well and good, but one of my models (house) behaves very strange, and I can't really see why it does so. When drawn, it becomes very small compared to its original size (I haven't scaled it down) and its textures are drawn weird as well. If I draw the model in another project, it is drawn correct. I've debugged it for several hours, checking differences, making sure things don't interfere and disabled XNAnimation, but it's still no good. The problematic model: Model viewed correctly in another project: Could any of you take a look at it? Source Code Sample code for third-person camera on MSDN I'm really baffled as to why this happens. Model credits: DarkElf model by Clawdo (turbosquid.com) House model by Sven Dännart (the3dstudio.com) Marine model from XNAnimation Sample Kit

About the model texture being drawn weird - I didn't save the state when calling Spritebatch.Begin() while drawing 2D text (I only enabled depth buffer after End). The only models which was affected by this in my testing, was models done by Sven Dännart, however.

While it isn't a big issue, I still have to scale his models pretty much (like 12 times its original size) while they appear roughly the same size without scaling in other projects I've tested them in. I guess this has a lot to do with the camera setting and such, I'm still trying to grasp the concept and get a more solid understanding.

If any of you have something to add, whether it would be hints, tips, explanations, whatever, I'd appreciate it.