Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Octree + OpenGL

This topic is 6021 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I dunno about you, but I hate it when people post something like "use www.google.com"! I really hate it! There''s a good tut in the new ogl game programming book, though I think it''s in c++.

Octree concept from flipcode: http://www.flipcode.com/tutorials/tut_octrees.shtml

Otherwise I could''t dig up much. Good luck with whatever your working on that requires octrees. I never much liked them personally (making them I mean). They are good though...

Alex Broadwin
A-Tronic Software & Design
-----
"if you fail in life, you were destined to fail. If you suceed in life, call me."
"The answer is out there."
"Please help, I''m using Windows!"

There is a paper on Octrees at http://glvelocity.gamedev.net (at least there was the last time I visited that site)

You can also download a working sample 3D engine using Octrees there, but it is written in C++.

quote:
Original post by ATronic
I dunno about you, but I hate it when people post something like "use www.google.com"! I really hate it! There''s a good tut in the new ogl game programming book, though I think it''s in c++.

Octree concept from flipcode: http://www.flipcode.com/tutorials/tut_octrees.shtml

Otherwise I could''t dig up much. Good luck with whatever your working on that requires octrees. I never much liked them personally (making them I mean). They are good though...

I concur with the ''use google'' thing.

Thanks for the link.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Yeah, god forbid you might actually have to look for your information. It should all be handed out to you as soon as you ask. If you actually took the time to search the net you wouldn''t have to post stupid questions.

I don''t see how asking for Octree turorials is being lazy. I''ve search for a good tutorial on the net and haven''t found one yet. the best tutorial I''ve found so far is an article in Game Programming Gems.

HHSDrum@yahoo.com

Guest Anonymous Poster
> Yeah, god [SIC] forbid you might actually have to look for
> your information.

Actually, isn''t that what he''s doing here?

> It should all be handed out to you as soon as you
> ask.

Isn''t that the point of these forums?

> If you actually took the time to search the net [SIC] you
> wouldn''t have to post your stupid questions.

Perhaps you shouldn''t be reading the forums if you don''t want to hear people asking questions.

> Go buy a book or something. If you don''t know anything about
> OpenGL then why are you even postign [SIC] here?

Aren''t the forums a place for people to post their questions? It''s doubtful that you''re our resident OpenGL expert here, but perhaps when you were a newbie you had to ask a few questions of your own.

> It''s like Hitler and the Jews. Same thing. I''m tired of
> listening to you people whine.

What the hell does this even mean? God forbid you ever post a question here, Anonymous. I hope the response you receive is a little more reasonable than the ones you''re giving.

Ernie

I agree with Atronic and NitroGL, about posting ''just use google''. Yet at the sime time I agree with anonymous about info just being handed to you. But you must take into consideration that most people that look otherplaces and ask here when they have little/no luck. Its also that people ask here because there are REALLY SMART people that read these threads, and maybe they know where to find something, or can give some information themselves. But thats just my opinion.

I also really hate it when people hide behind anonymous postings. I''m not saying that you did it, anonymous. Maybe it was an accident. I know I''ve posted anonymously by accident a few times. But really, if you have something to say, then say it. Don''t be too worried about what otehr people think.

The Kid

I don''''t know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future.