Help with multiple .cpp files

Started by
1 comment, last by Zahlman 15 years, 4 months ago
My homework is write two structures name point and poligon. Structure point represent's a 2d pont(x and y). Structure poligon has a maximum of 50 points. First function declares to an n-numbers of points, random values from 0 to 1000. Second function displays the values of all points in poligon. Third function counts the range of a poligon in main function try out all the upper functions. now i know how to write this program, but the problem is that i need to realize this program using these files : point.h, point.cpp, poligon.h, poligon.cpp and main.cpp. i get the .h files but i have no ideas how to use the point and poligon . cpp files .....i assume that i need to write the functions of point and poligon in there but i have no idea how to implement them in my main .cpp filie .... any help would be weary appreciated. PS. Sorry for my english mistakes, im not that good with it ;).
Advertisement
Point.h
#ifndef POINT_H#define POINT_H // header guards, never forget themstruct Point{Point(int x_pos, int y_pos); // constructorint x, int y;};//I think the point class needs to be as simple as that.#endif

Now, Point.cpp
Point.cpp needs to know of the stuff that's in Point.h, so it must be #included

#include "Point.h"Point::Point(int x_pos, int y_pos): x(x_pos), y(y_pos) // initialization list{}//if you need some functions you must declare them in the header file and define them in the source (.cpp) file.

---------------------------------

Polygon.h
Polygon must know Point. So Point.h must be included in Polygon.h
#ifndef POLYGON_H#define POLYGON_H#include <vector>//everything inside the header guards#include "Point.h"struct Polygon{public://put stuff here and in the private sectionprivate:std::vector<Point> points; // private because it must be accessible only within the class. You can use functions to return values stored in the vector.};#endif

Polygon.cpp
#include "Polygon.h"//Point.h is included from Polygon.h so you don't need to include it here//blah blah blah

main:
#include "Polygon.h"int main(){//you can create Polygon and Point objectsPoint a(0, 1);return 0;}

Also you can a function void Polygon::add(const Point &p){points.push_back(p);} to add points without allowing direct access to the vector.

[Edited by - sheep19 on December 17, 2008 11:48:00 AM]
Quote:Original post by compufreek
My homework is

We don't do homework here.

Quote:
i get the .h files but i have no ideas how to use the point and poligon . cpp files .....i assume that i need to write the functions of point and poligon in there but i have no idea how to implement them in my main .cpp filie

Writing a function is the same as implementing it. You declare the functionality in .h files, implement it in .cpp files, and use it in the main.cpp . The assignment description says to "try out" all those functions in the main function. In main.cpp, all you need is an int main() which calls the functions enough to show that they work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement