DevCpp and SAPI for speech recognition

Started by
1 comment, last by youthreewire 15 years, 4 months ago
Hi, I am new to using SAPI.Just downloaded and new to this forum.I am not that an expert in programming. I am thinking of doing speech recognition using Microsoft speech SDK (SAPI/SDK 5.1) and in DevCpp.(I am limited to DevCpp only because I need to integrate it with other code already running).Is it possible to perform speech recognition using DevCpp and MS SAPI/SDK? If yes could you please help me with a working sample code and the procedure for me to get started?Hoping for a positive response.
Advertisement
You might find it hard to get any support for such an outdated development environment which you shouldn't really be using anymore; with any luck you might get some sort of useful response, but it may ultimately be easier to port the existing codebase you need to work with to a current platform such as the MS 2008 Express Edition or Code::Blocks.

It should be possible to use the SDK with Dev-C++, but may be more difficult than with another environment. As I've not personally used it in several years I'm afraid I'm unable to offer any useful advice on how you might be able to get it to work.

Moving you to For Beginners. Good luck! [smile]

- Jason Astle-Adams

Quote:Original post by jbadams
You might find it hard to get any support for such an outdated development environment which you shouldn't really be using anymore; with any luck you might get some sort of useful response, but it may ultimately be easier to port the existing codebase you need to work with to a current platform such as the MS 2008 Express Edition or Code::Blocks.

It should be possible to use the SDK with Dev-C++, but may be more difficult than with another environment. As I've not personally used it in several years I'm afraid I'm unable to offer any useful advice on how you might be able to get it to work.

Moving you to For Beginners. Good luck! [smile]

Problem is I have several applications running in DevCpp successfully.All those have now come to a halt because of SAPI's integration for speech recognition in DevCpp.

Well I came across this but it is not speech recognition recognition (but some experts might get an idea looking at this :)
http://62.103.22.50/technologies/SapiSpeech.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement