• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dr acv

Unity Procedural animation

This topic is 3474 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm developing a game using the free version of the NeoAxis game engine. It has no procedural animation library nor algorithm included and it doesn't do IK. I need some sort of procedural animation to be combined with keyframe animation. It will be used to, for example, modify a reaching and grasping animation, in order to adapt a keyframe animation to the virtual environment. This result is reached combining collision detection, IK and a method to mix keyframe and procedural control on the skeletal structures of the characters in the game. I have found some scientific papers and some articles on Gamasutra about it, but I'm wondering if there is some algorithm or free library that is already known to be good and used by the community.

Advertisement
http://aigamedev.com/ did an article on a framework for just that a couple weeks ago; their site is down as of this posting, but will be back within hours.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!