skeleton animation

Started by
2 comments, last by jgpglasgow 15 years, 4 months ago
Hy. I'm a c++ programmer and after some experiment in directx i would start with skeleton animation. 1)I create a collada file importer for get the mesh. 2)i would use blender or 3ds for the 3d model both with a collada exporter(that i have installed). questions: 1-a)i search for a 3d model with skeleton of a biped. how i cand find it for free? 2-a)Now i wuld create a skeleton animation in my c++ engine : After i have imported the bone and the skin how move a biped v p 1-a)(3d model of a men) with the keypad? I must associate a movement to a key? How i do in blender or in 3ds for create this association(key/action/transform bones and skin) Is very limited!. How?????? Can you advice me some book or link? THanks.
Advertisement
What you ask for is not simple. You need an engine to do this. You either need to buy/find an engine, or you need to write your own skin animation system into your own engine that you are writting.

Some would say that bringing characters to life in an interactive environment is it's own form of wizardry.
My Apps:Putt Nutz
This could help you:
http://exdream.no-ip.info/blog/2007/02/25/SkeletalBoneAnimationAndSkinningWithColladaModelsInXNA.aspx

It's xna, but it's collada and you also have a reference skinned character to play with.
Check out the books Programming an RTS Game With Direct3D and Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX. The books both work with DX9 and will both require some work to convert to the latest version of DirectX if that is what you are using, especially the Role playing book.

They both come with plenty of examples.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement