Sign in to follow this  
roby65

[C++] Hooking functions with dll

Hi guys, i need to hook a dll using a dll and this is what i'm doing...but i have a little problem :-( i'm writing a dll that is between the program and the real dll, and with my dll i'm exporting all the functions of the original dll using extern "C" __declspec(naked) _declspec(dllexport) void CoverBitStreamConstructor() { _asm { jmp RealFucntionsList[0] } } (for example) the problem is that i've encountered, with IDA, a thing like: RakNetworkFactory::GetRakServerInterface(void) how to export this in my dll? i think that if i don't export this, the program won't work :( edit: also there are some functions like "fucntion@4", how to export it?

That subject comes up frequently. Try searching the forums to see if your question has been answered before. Notice the "search" button above? function hook.

"function@4"

That's how PE files (i.e. .exe files) encode into their headers the names of functions using the standard calling convention and accepting 4 bytes of argument. The original function signature looked something like this:

void _stdcall function(int arg);

There's no telling from "function@4" if the function returns a value, only that it has one argument and that it cleans the stack up before it returns.