32x16 RPG Sprites

Started by
1 comment, last by Gyrthok 15 years, 4 months ago
Something Just for Fun I'd like to try. Ideas?
Advertisement
Personally I think it's agony working that small...

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

If your looking for inspiration, try kicking around Pixeljoint or other Pixel Art forum's, PJ has weekly contests for people to participate in for fun.

Their current challenge:
Quote:This week you're challenged to create a stylised portrait of a stock character. The more stylised the better! Make the character easily identifiable as the stereotype he/she is.

Pick one of these stock characters:

* Wise old man*
* Mad scientist
* Pirate
* Caveman*

You may not use an existing character. For example, if you were making a caveman, you can't just pixel Fred Flintstone. It has to be your own interpretation of a caveman character.

*Even though these characters are listed as being male, you may make female versions of them if you like.
ie. Wise old lady/Cavewoman.

Canvas Size - Exactly 80x80
Colours - Exactly 16
Transparency - No
Animation - No

Even if you don't want to participate (or follow their size rules and such) you could still use it for inspiration.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement