Sign in to follow this  
fettuccini

SFII90 - C++ and Ruby video game engine

fettuccini    122
I've been working on a small engine that is written in C++ and has bindings to Ruby as its scripting language. Game development can be done completely within Ruby scripts via support for entities, input handling, and finite state machines. It is fairly well documented and includes a few development tutorials. The first version has just been released under the GNU LGPL 2.1. Here is a link to the project page and a short description: http://code.google.com/p/sfii90/ "The SFII90 engine is designed to allow the development of video games or rapid development of video game prototypes using Ruby scripts. It is designed to be simple to use at the cost of possible speed sacrifices. Future versions are planned which will offer network game play, 3D scene and model support, cross-platform support, and speed optimizations. "The engine itself is written in C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Express. Developers are free to modify and/or add additional functionality as needed, although development can be done solely through Ruby scripts. This is the recommended method of game development using SFII90." SFII90 is the first engine I've written, so I welcome your comments, criticism, and feature requests that could help me strengthen future releases. There is still a lot of work to be done! Cheers, Phillip

Sign in to follow this