• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[web] MS Access application

This topic is 3346 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I was wondering if it were possible to use the forms and reports in Microsoft Access to create some kind of application? So I can use this without having to open up Microsoft Access... is it possible? If so can anyone please point me to a guide? I've been googling for ages but can't find anything decent.

Advertisement
I'm not 100% sure about Access, but I have created a number of Excel applications at work. Excel has to be open for them to work, but you can hide this from the user with some simple automation. I would imagine Access would have similar functionality, considering it is part of the same suite as Excel. Downside is Excel (or Access, in your case) has to be installed. This is a non-issue for me because everyone has Excel installed by default. Anyway, try searching ms access applications to get yourself started.

You always have to have Access open in the background. But you can make it so that when you click the access file it opens the main form and when you close the main form it closes access. This locks the access program down so that you do not have any access to the forms, tables, queries etc.

If you're targetting Access 2007 you can download and distribute the Access 2007 runtime. This way your application doesn't require the presence of a retail Access installation.

There are also runtimes available for 2002 and 2003 but you need to obtain separate licenses for the right to distribute those.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement