• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
51mon

Game framework of choice?

This topic is 3527 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I'm a professional graphics programmer. The company that I work for have serious economical problems, so I think I will have a lot of spare time soon. I have started a private project. The idea is to create a game with "simple" gameplay and focus on the graphics. Initially it will be a one-man project and my aim is to have a fully functional prototype in a few month (with full time dedication). I would like to have total, low-level control of the graphics pipeline. However, I would prefer if many other parts of the implementation would require as little effort as possible. The performance need to be high, though. I would appreciate if people with experince in these kinds of projects would give me advice. Would XNA be a good choice? Does it have low-level graphics control (comparable to directx)? What about overhead? Is there any other alternatives? Or is it better to do the whole implemenation in directx? Thanks

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by 2DExtremeOwner
Focus on the Graphics? Well DirectX 10. It shoudnt be hard for 'you' to pick up.

Yeah I already know DX10 well. I'm more concerned of the surrounding functionality. For example how to convert/load data from modeling/draw software (with animation data); and how to manage assets.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!