• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Elektron

Protect images on SDL

This topic is 3586 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Hmm. I don't realy have an idea. I always put my images in a map where the exe is and then I load them. I don't know how you could put them in a exe or something that cannot be edited. Try google.

If this were a Windows only program these would be resources you can include in your program. You can find more information about using resources in Windows programs on Google and MSDN.

I don't know of a way to do this in Linux however I am sure it is possible.

Unless this is a commercial game (and by the nature of your question I assume it is not), why would you complicate your game by doing this? In most cases it is even considered a feature to allow the end user to modify the graphics especially if there is something they don't like.

I have used SDL_RWops to add/remove images, sounds and other resources into SQLite databases however I didn't think of this until samuraicrow mentioned SDL_RWops. The benefit to this is that the procedure to import and read back is cross platform whereas I do not believe the same could be said for embedding directly into an executable.

Another option along the same lines although I have not used it personally is PhysFS.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!