what would be good C++ software/books

Started by
6 comments, last by bazso 15 years, 3 months ago
that is very powerful for typos, error handing, and what ever other abilities would be useful to a C++ beginner also i don't care how long the list of books i want to know all the ins and outs to C++ i want to KNOW everything. also to make a long story short friends wants were getting longer and more demanding and i don't think panda 3d would be able to full fill there wants so i went with a C++ engine.
Advertisement
I started with Beginning C++ game programming, currently reading Thinking in C++ and when I finish it I'll read Thinking in C++ volume 2. You can start with thinking in C++ but it requires a bit of C knowledge.
oh ok tya for the help
If you ask me it is eaiser to learn if you look through someone's source code. And Beginning C++ game programming is also a good book to read.
Be wary of learning by reading source code. Not all code is good code, and you definitely should never look at professional game source and say "Oh, this must be a good way to do it."
-- gekko
yeah i am looking for books that tell me this is what this does and stuff and well as tips
Well for books Thinking in C++ (1 and 2) are great once you have a basic knowledge. I personally used Sams Learn C++ in 21 Days. It was alright for learning it, but I'm sure there are better books to learn from.
www.cplusplus.com is a great reference for the standard library and such. Again, this is probably better for when you at least have the basics down.
yeah this is true plan to get a good under standing on the basics

also a sub noob question is C++ a more powerful language to use and what i mean is can you do more with it why i say this is because this engine

http://www.3dgamestudio.com/

seems to be pretty reasonable i am sure there is better but i would like to think this would be a good beginning point with its abilities some of it i under stand and some of it i still have yet to know what it does.

but it has a very some what long list for abilities and to be more honest i would not mind sticking with these guys ether i think for each time they pass a version there engine just gets more powerful but am i a fool in this thinking?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement