Advertisement in games

Started by
1 comment, last by Sim9 15 years, 3 months ago
Hi everyone! I am interested in this issue - is whether online services or firms that provide advertising to introduce it in the game. For example, I made a game (no matter what the quality of it - this is not the main) but the publishers do not take it,so I want to distribute game by myself for free, and because I will do it free, then I will add some advertising inside the game. So, I looking for a firm for this issue. Someone have some information? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
You may want to check out WildTangent (www.wildtangent.com) and see what they do exactly in that space. From what I know, they are seeking their own deals. Advert Gaming is another type of advertisement-driven business model where you design a game around a specific product to be advertised. Pharmaceutical companies have recently picked up this approach (ex: http://www.silenceyourrooster.com/play_the_game.aspx).

Hope this helps.

-cb
A few other sites worth looking at:
Of course, all these firms would vet your game before signing you on. Advertisers, especially in an economy where major established sites are suffering from dried up ad revenue already, are picky about what where their message is shown.

Be careful about who you partner with. I've received offers about bundling 'toolbars' with my stuff, and upon some preliminary research found it to actually be spyware (obviously, I rejected said offer). So be sure you do your homework ahead of time ;)
Archive Games - Distribute Your Game Now!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement