Linker Error with DX8 and VC++ 6

Started by
3 comments, last by Luvman79 22 years, 10 months ago
I''ve been trying to learn DX8 lately, but I''m not getting any of the programs to build due to this particulay Linker Error error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate8@4 I have it correctly linked in the Tools>Options>Directories. The Include and the Lib files are on the top of the list. I think the problem may be what kind of project I''m opening up. I''m opening up a Win32 Application (NOT THE "CONSOLE" one). Can I get some help on resolving this issue? Keep On Smiling
:) Keep On Smiling :)
Advertisement
project->settings->link

in the box marked "Object/Library modules" type "d3d8.lib" (w/o inverted commas)
You can also add this somewhere in your code:

#pragma comment(lib,"d3d8.lib")  

Does the exact same thing as Sandman suggested, only neater (In my opinion anyway ).

- Goblineye Entertainment
The road to success is always under construction
Goblineye EntertainmentThe road to success is always under construction
Hi!

I have the exact same problem! But I''ve already included both d3d8.lib AND dxguid.lib, that didn''t help =(

Please read my post:
Setting up DX8, help! (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=52010)

Thank you!

}+TITANIUM+{
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
The only thing that could be it are your compiler settings. Make sure the DX directories are above the VC directories (tools\options). If this doesn''t fix it than you should reinstall the DX8 SDK, as something is horribly wrong.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement